SCIENCE TEST PAPER 2[100 MARKS, FULL COURSE]
PART : A
There are 50 questions. Choose appropriate alternative for each question and accordingly mark the answer in the separately given OMR sheet by black-ink pen. Each question carries 1 mark.
- The most important property of nanomaterials is_____.
[A] force [B] friction [C} pressure [D] temperature
- The refractive index of a rarer medium with respect to a denser medium is_____.
[A] 1 [B] greater than 1 [C] smaller than 1 [D] negative
- _____ is not a primary colour of white light.
[A] Red [B] Blue [C] Violet [D] Green
- Work done on an electric charge is stored in it as_____.
[A] potential energy [B] kinetic energy [C] thermal energy [D] nuclear energy
- Which of the following is not correct for electrical work?
[A] W = VQ [B] W = VIt [C] W = I2Rt [D] W = I2RQ
- How many electrons should flow in one second to contribute electric current of 1 ampere?
[A] 6.25 x 1018 [B] 6.25 x 1019 [C] 1.60 x 1018 [D] 1.60 x 1018
- The magnetic field of a solenoid is quite similar to that of_____
[A] a straight conductor [B] a horse-shoe magnet [C] a bar magnet [D] magnetic needle
- The insulation cover on the earth wire is_____.
[A] red [B] black [C] green [D] white
- _____ is the unit of frequency of alternating current.
[A] Weber [B] Hertz [C] Tesla [D] Ampere
- A high tide occurs_____.
[A] on every new moon day [B] on every full moon day [C] both A and B [D] everyday
- Who discovered the laws of planetary motion?
[A] Plato [B] Newton [C] Galileo [D] Kepler
- The mass of earth is_____ times the mass of mercury.
[A] 10 [B] 14 [C] 18 [D] 22
- The tail of a comet is the longest when_____.
[A] it is nearest to Sun [B] it is farthest from Sun [C] it is far from Earth [D] it is near Jupiter
- A rocket works on the principle of_____.
[A] Newton's first law of motion [B] Newton's second law of motion [C] Newton's third law of motion [D] First law of thermodynamics
- During a chemical reaction, the concentration of reactants_____.
[A] does not change [B] increases [C] decreases [D] never decreases
- The acid-base theory of Lewis is based on_____.
[A] proton transfer [B] litmus test [C] theory of ionisation [D] transfer of electron pair
- Preparation of vegetable ghee from vegetable oil is_____ reaction.
[A] chlorination [B] sulphonation [C] hydrolysis [D] hydrogenation
- Which acid is present in the stomach of humans?
[A] sulphuric acid [B] hydrochloric acid [C] nitric acid [D] citric acid
- Brine is_____.
[A] Na2CO3 [B] NaHCO3 [C] NaCl [D] Na2SiO3
- Which substance is a salt of weak acid and strong base?
[A] Slaked lime [B] Gypsum [C] Bleaching powder [D] Washindg soda
- Helmets are made from_____.
[A] manganese steel [B] chromium steel [C] cobalt steel [D] silicon steel
- The melting point of lime is_____ °C
[A] 1000 [B] 1200 [C] 1539 [D] 2000
- Liquefaction method is used for the purification of metals with_____.
[A] high melting point [B] low melting point [C] high boiling point [D] low boiling point
- The true order of reactivity of metals is_____.
[A] Mg>Al>Zn>Fe [B] Mg>Zn>Fe>Al [C] Al>Mg>Zn>Fe [D] Zn>Mg>Al>Fe
- The formula of rust is_____.
[A] FeSO4 [B] Fe2O3.xH2O [C] Fe3O4.xH2O [D] FeCO3
- How many nonmetals are in solid state?
[A] 11 [B] 12 [C] 13 [D] 14
- Sulphur belongs to_____ group in periodic table.
[A] Boron [B] Carbon [C] Oxygen [D] Halogen
- _____ is a neutral oxide.
[A] CO2 [B] NO2 [C] CO [D] SO3
- The formula of butanol is_____.
[A] CH3OH [B] C2H5OH [C] C3H7OH [D] C4H9OH
- Yeast contains_____.
[A] invertase [B] zymase [C] both invertase and zymase [D] neither invertase nor zymase
- The boiling point of acetone is_____°C
[A] 40 [B] 48 [C] 56 [D] 64
- Which of the following is a condensation polymer?
[A] Nylon [B] PVC [C] Natural rubber [D] TEFLON
- The autotrophic organisms contain_____ pigment.
[A] methylene blue [B] chlorophyll [C] phenolphthalin [D] carbon black
- The energy released during cellular respiration is stored in_____.
[A] ATP [B] glucose [C] lungs [D] ileum
- Which organism shows parasitic mode of nutrition?
[A] Cascuta [B] Plasmodium [C] ascaris [D] all three
- Gaseous exchange occurs through _____ in earthworm.
[A] lungs [B] skin [C] nephridia [D] mouth
- _____ is associated with transport of water in plants.
[A] Xylem [B] Phloem [C] Chloroplast [D] Aerenchyma
- Urine mainly consists of_____.
[A] uranium [B] urea [C] CO2 [D] sugar
- _____ is/are synthesized at the shoot and root tips of plants.
[A]Glucose [B] Starch [C] Hormones [D] Minerals
- Plant hormones are called _____.
[A] hypohormones [B] metahormones [C] phytohormones [D] cytohormones
- Nerve mass in invertebrates is called_____.
[A] neuron [B] pelvis [C] brain [D] ganglion
- Which of the following shows thigmonastic response?
[A] Sun flower [B] Insectivorous plant [C] Lotus [D] Bryophyllum
- The structural and functional unit of the nervous system in multicellular organisms is _____.
[A] neuron [B] brain [C] spinal cord [D] pons
- Which of the following shows spore formation?
[A] Amoeba [B] Mucor [C] Plasmodium [D] Paramoecium
- In a normal healthy woman, menstruation occurs every_____ days.
[A] 14 [B] 28-32 [C] 21-24 [D] 270
- The chromatids are joined to each other by_____.
[A] chromosome [B] centromere [C] gene [D] DNA
- Which of the following is a greenhouse gas?
[A] Methane [B] Oxygen [C] Nitrogen [D] Hydrogen
- Compounds of _____ cause Minamata disease.
[A] Mercury [B] Cadmium [C] Cobalt [D] Arsenic
- Which rays strike the earth due to depletion of ozone layer?
[A] Infrared [B] Microwaves [C] Ultraviolet [D] Visible
- Oxygen Pond method has been developed by _____.
[A] NACO [B] UNESCO [C] GROFED [D] NEERI
PART : B
SECTION : A [5 x 2 marks, Total marks: 10]
- Explain the use of nanotechnology in diagnostics.
- Distinguish between real image and virtual image (two points)
Mention the characteristics of image formed by a plane mirror.
- Explain primary and composite colours giving examples.
- Mention characteristics of Jovian planets.
Describe four uses of artificial satellites.
- Mention the criteria of chemical equilibrium.
SECTION : B [5 x 2 marks, Total marks: 10]
- Write the formula of bleaching powder and mention its three uses.
- Write about harmful effects of ethyl alcohol.
Write a note on vulcanisation of rubber.
- Describe aerobic respiration.
Describe mechanism of breathing.
- Describe photoperiodism.
- Write a note on puberty.
SECTION : C [5 x 3 marks, Total marks: 15]
- Describe mirage with diagram.
- Derive the formula for equivalent resistance when three resistances are connected in parallel.
Three resistors of 5Ω, 10Ω and 30Ω are connected in parallel with a battery of 12 V. Find (i) the current passing through each resistor (ii) the total current of the circuit (iii) the equivalent resistance of the circuit.
- Describe the magnetic field due to a current-carrying coil with diagram.
- Describe preparation of hydrogen gas in laboratory with diagram.
- Describe tracheids with neat diagram.
Write a note on blood clotting.
SECTION : D [3 x 5 marks, Total marks: 15]
- Describe with diagram the process of preparation of charcoal from wood.
Describe nuclear reactor with diagram.
- Describe Hall-Heroult process for obtaining aluminum from alumina.
- Write a note on Watson-Crick model for structure of DNA with diagram.